Musings of an Indian teen

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Centre Stage

Listen to my silent plea,
Look into my eyes,
Hear the words I dare not speak.
Somewhere inside me there is
A person outspoken and forthright,
Not scared to ask questions,
Exploring paths now hidden to me.

When the moment really nears,
and I need to speak,
My opinion really matters...
They will define someones world.

That is when I become... frozen.

No words come out,
"No ones listening" a voice nags,
Hands shaking and palms sweating,
The moment swift flees, lost in time.

Softly I return to the shadows,
Unseen and unsung,
Just another face in the masses,
Perhaps the way I wanted it to be.

The moment comes again,
This time with lights glaring,
But now I am someone else,
Someone you do not know.
The nagging voice left behind the curtain,
Wearing a mask, false yet true,
That lost girl inside me,
Found - Centre Stage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home