Musings of an Indian teen

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I'm that kinda girl

I'm that kinda girl who is not in the spot light,
I'm that kinda girl who is working it.

I'm that kinda girl who doesn't go on stage,
I'm that kinda girl who organises the show.

I'm that kinda girl who doesn't visit temples,
I'm that kinda girl who argues religion with Geo. teachers.

I'm that kinda girl who doesn't believe in love in first sight,
I'm that kinda girl who believes in Prince Charmings.

I'm that kinda girl who doesn't speak at public gatherings,I
'm that kinda girl who writes winning speeches for those who do.

I'm that kinda girl who thinks the Indian education system sucks,
I'm that kinda girl who reads the Iliad for kicks.

I'm that kinda girl who is not in the cool people's mailing list,
I'm that kinda girl who gives her heart to friends for keeping.

I'm that kinda girl who doesn't mingle much at social gatherings,
I'm that kinda girl whose friends threaten to shut up with duct tape.

I'm that kinda girl who cries after an argument with a sister,
I'm that kinda girl who smirks at a teacher venting of steam.

I'm that kinda girl who always forgives,
I'm that kinda girl who never forgets.

I'm that kinda girl who makes things happen,
I'm that kinda girl who sits back and lets other people think they did it.

5 Comments:

  • Hey... really nice poem,
    esp. the last lines :)

    By Blogger Sarit, at 10:45 AM  

  • ven i read ur poem i found myself hidden somewhere in some lines.the beauty of ur poem is its simplicity and honesty.

    By Blogger Shachi Uniyal, at 4:51 PM  

  • hey!this is rajani,deepika's friend from school..i jus had to tell you this..really nice poem!!somehow this poem seemed to match with all my characteristics!!
    keep up the good work and i so cant believe that u r younger than me!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:18 PM  

  • And what a wonderful girl you are! I couldn't help but feel that this poem reflected my personality too to some extent. gud work, keep it up!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:42 PM  

  • You really made it happen......very wel written ...must say this is one kinda poem.....:)

    By Blogger swapnaks, at 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home