Musings of an Indian teen

Friday, November 25, 2005

Trapped.

In the beginning,I believed,
In good and evil, right and wrong,
Decisions were so simple,
Wearing heart on sleeve; so carefree.

Somewhere along the lane,
I realised all were not the same,
Different shades, different views,
A mean, a grey in between.

I began to analyse and categorise,
Weighing rights and wrongs,
A delicate physical balance,
Which a feather weight can destroy.

It wasn't long before I turned to self,
Measuring every action, each word,
Realising each opinion needed backing,
Thinking and then discarding.

So now, here I am,
Caught within the four walls I've built,
To keep me in or others out,
I don't know, don't care to find out.

Trapped, by the very chains I've forged,
Scarred to try new things,
Lest I break the fragile glass,
my heart has become...

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home