Musings of an Indian teen

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Angel in Disguise

No wings soaring towards the horizon,
No divine light to dazzle the eyes,
No music to lurch the soul,
No halo of high Extacy.

Just a pair of working hands,
Strong shoulders to cry upon,
A large heart with a steady beat,
A sharp mind and treasure memories.

This is to a lady not divine,
But my angel in diguise,
My angel who watches over me,
CLeared the path, removed so many many thorns.

She watched me as I grew,
Watched me take my first steps,
Encouraged my first words,
And thaught me my first songs.

Cheered as I cheered, if not louder,
Laughed at my corny jokes.
And yet kept a wary eye,
As I began to explore the road called Life.

There were times I stumbled,
And she banished away my tears,
Comforted me when they wouldnt stop,
Supported me, when I couldn't be comforted.

She moulded me into a person I dreamt of bieng,
Standing up for all that is good and right,
Pusing me into the lime light,
Standing outside its periphery, glowing.

Flowers may not blossom at her footsteps,
Birds may not burst into song,
Men may not shiver at the mention of her name,
Reverend Scholars may not bow as she passes,

But who really cares for all that nonsense?
What really matter is that,
We all who know you love you,
So here is to you Mom,
our angel is disguise.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home